1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue screen high pitch noise

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Gibbo, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Gibbo

Gibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Could anyone help me with the problem i have below
    i own a Sony SLV-SE720 VCR and Sony Projection TV KP-44PX2U
    When i use the Video remote control to go through the TV channels on the VCR i have no problem. But when VCR L1 comes up which is the scart from the VCR to the TV i get a blue screen and a high pitch noise.I have no problem with L2 scart which my digital free view is connected .Its just annoying and am concerned that the high pitch noise could damage my speakers
    I would be most gratefull for any help on the above
    Regards Gibbo

2. Robson

Robson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds like feedback. On my sony TV it suggests that the VCR is plugged into Scart 2, you can even assign different inputs to be sent out of this socket to be recorded.

But as you have 4 scart sockets on your TV, have a look in the manual and see what scart it recommends for the VCR, prob not 1 & 2 as these are best left for RGB sources like DVD,SKY,FreeView?

Try the VCR in 3 or 4 and see if the same thing happens.

3. Gibbo

Gibbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Robson
    Thankyou for your reply i have connected the VCR to the TV using the recommended scarts in the instruction manual.But i will try out the other scarts to see what happens
    Kind Regards Gibbo