Blue screen during PS3 gameplay with HDMI?

dhil1on

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've posted this and no one is replying? Surely somebody must have come accross this?
I've just got a new Hannspree GT 32" HD LCD and im getting the following problem when using HDMI.

1)Tv on normally
2)select any game
3)PS3 logo appears
4)Blue Flash - HDMI logo on bottom right hand corner with 720p displayed and then continues to the game loading.

This is all fine however I am getting number 4 randomly during game play for about 5 seconds and then going back to the game?. What is causing this have I got a faulty tv:( or HDMI? Please could someone help me as I need to contact Clearance buys on Monday and sort this out?

Thank you

does it do the blue screen at all? even when starting to play a game from the dashboard (360). I dunno what to do!

I've posted this and no one is replying? Surely somebody must have come accross this?
I've just got a new Hannspree GT 32" HD LCD and im getting the following problem when using HDMI.

1)Tv on normally
2)select any game
3)PS3 logo appears
4)Blue Flash - HDMI logo on bottom right hand corner with 720p displayed and then continues to the game loading.

This is all fine however I am getting number 4 randomly during game play for about 5 seconds and then going back to the game?. What is causing this have I got a faulty tv:( or HDMI? Please could someone help me as I need to contact Clearance buys on Monday and sort this out?

Thank you

The only time i get a blank screen on my tv is when the ps3 changes from the XMB from 1080i to the rez of the game thats loading.

Mark.

The only time i get a blank screen on my tv is when the ps3 changes from the XMB from 1080i to the rez of the game thats loading.

Mark.

same here only if i change the resolution on my 360 in the xbox settings out of a game, then the tv just goes blue for a second to reset to the new resolution

I've got the same problem dh1lon, sent an e-mail to Hannspree just now.

Have you resolved it at all? Because I fear its gonna result in a Pick-Up Repair Reserve situation, which sux because I've just ordered Assassin's Creed.

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but I've read of the PS3 HDMI blue/blank screen issue before. Some of the claimed solutions include:

Get the HDTV's firmware updated (to support latest HDMI v1.3 spec?)
Switch HDTV off and back on
Change PS3 sound settings (PS3 thinks you have surround sound first time you enable HDMI output?)
Wiggle the HDMI cable in the PS3

same thing on mine with xbox 360, different hdmi leads used on hannspree and still blue screen, hooked up to different tv to show not xbox 360 fault, no fault cross over.

email hannspree, they stated get new hd mi lead, replied already done so, anyway, they collected tv gt02, 2 weeks ago and phoned today to advise that will be returned this friday

fingers crossed

af
:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom