• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blue-ray player sorted, ????? Onkyo or the Sony cinema system

Clean-my-sxi

Standard Member
After reserving a cheap philips player at asda, i had a hunt around and a little play with a Sony 370 and decided i wanted it plus it does get good feedback on here, it also seemed to play evry kind of format i could throw at it in the store.

So now onto a cinema system, well as said in a previous thread i was all set on either the onkyo avx-380 or the 3305.

But after going into a local currys i saw the SONY HTAS5.CEK, it was not wired up so i did not have the chance to listen to it, ive had a quick hunt for a review but cant seem to find one, whats ur opinion on it.

bootstrapwill

Prominent Member
Iv just bought the HTAS5, and all i can say is im in love with it. My room is only 7m by 10m so it fills up with sound very nicely. I cant comment on the onkyo system though as iv never heard it. But the sony is a great system, plus its 3d ready which was a bonus for me:)

Clean-my-sxi

Standard Member
thanks for that mate, would be nice to get some other opinions on this to help make my decision, thought there would be something about the system on here

surferdude73

Standard Member
Iv just bought the HTAS5, and all i can say is im in love with it. My room is only 7m by 10m so it fills up with sound very nicely. I cant comment on the onkyo system though as iv never heard it. But the sony is a great system, plus its 3d ready which was a bonus for me:)

Only 7m x 10m is that not big enough, do you live in a mansion

Clean-my-sxi

Standard Member
I did end up getting the Sony as i picked it up for £179, and im really happy with it, does evrything i want it to and the best thing is that it passes the signal through it on standby as i was under the impression that recievers had to be swithced on to get the pass thru.

also the bravia sync with my tv and blu-ray is great.

a great purchase and glad i went for it

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom