Blue Planet Live (BBC One)

Shame they’re not using bbc iPlayer 4k

4k would be probably be expensive for the live version and pushing some limits on the links, but enjoyed it anyway.

Looking forwards to the rest this week.

Interesting but felt it was a bit light on stuff last night. Loved Snot Bot though.

Edit. Probably keeping it thin for the Blue Whale?

Last edited:
better episode tonight. Pity baby turtle got snaffled by a gull at the last moment under the nose of the reporter. That will upset people.

Think they could have hammered the message home but it was pre watershed.

Twitter went all horrible to the poor presenter on the subject.

Like to take a few of those complainers to a live broadcast, stuff an IFB feed in their ear 'ole and say "there you go, many millions watching you live now, don't fudge it". Bet many fail at the first letter of the first word they are supposed to speak.

Is this just Springwatch with a bigger budget? I haven't watched this yet, because I recall Planet Earth Live a few years back, a dumbed down spin-off presented by Richard Hammond and Julia Bradbury with hardly any actual live stuff, mostly pre-recorded 'as live'. Was essentially what you'd expect if The One Show did Attenborough. Is this any better?

They had three locations, Barrier Reef (Liz Bonnin), Bahamas (Steve Backshall) and the Gulf of Cortez (Chris Packham). But yeah, spring watch for want of a better description. problem with live is animals often don't play by our rules. The Bahamas with the sharks was good, Heron Island at the Barrier Reef could have had more time and the Gulf of Cortez was interesting but I felt they were tied to one hour slots that tied it down. Even with pre records. Most of it was live and really did well considering the technical requirements.

Edit.
BBC One - Blue Planet Live - Meet the team

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom