Blue Miracle (Netflix) very brief review

Dobbyisfree

I went to look for a thread about this film and couldn't find one. Sincere apologies if I've missed it.

Apparently based on a true story, whilst slightly predictable, this film was engaging with some great acting (particularly from the children).

Picture in Dolby Vision, I have never seen such a good compression on Netflix! No visible "squiggles" around movement at all, excellent colour depth and contrast. Really, really good.

Sound outstanding. Dolby Atmos soundtrack makes subtle use of heights that engage you further into the story. Possible the best rain storm scene I have ever seen, builds suspense, the sub-bass gives you goosebumps.

In my opinion (and my wife's) a recommended watch.

Please share your thoughts!

gunner84

Distinguished Member
Yes I watched this a few months back, like you say predictable but decent all the same. Well worth a watch.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Guys, thanks for this but this is the worst movie review ever! 🤣. What the hell is the movie about? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Dobbyisfree

Sorry, I did title it "very brief" for that reason. I also expect that there will be a proper review at some point. Unless it something to do with my system on Saturday night, I have never seen a DV Netflix picture like that (bordering on a 4k BR) and even just on that basis I'm very surprised there's not mention of it yet on here!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom