1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Max- strange "goldfish bowl" ratio?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by nathan_silly, Jun 9, 2003.

1. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watched this yesterday- excellent film, and great picture quality. No sign of Edge Enchancment. Set the TV to "Wide" but the far left & right corners are squashed (when a bloke was in the corner they were dead thin)

I don't think it's my TV- was this filmed in Panaromic version (sides of the theatre curved in?)

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,016
    It was filmed in CinemaScope Aspect Ratio 2.35:1.

Was this that made you think of Hardy Kruger in your other post?

Did you spot Anton Diffring and Derren Nesbitt out of Where Eagles Dare in it?

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Was this that made you think of Hardy Kruger in your other post"

Well I watched Blue Max yesterday and I remembered and I recognicez Kruger (short part, one of pilots) and that POW film, so yep I guess so.

Haven't seen Where Eagles Dare for years, got in urrrgghh....VHS so I'll wait until the DVD release comes out.

So Cinemascope is the one with curved theatre screen?

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cinerama was a curved screen and used 3 separate screens and projectors it was a ratio of 2.60:1 to 2.80:1 , the Blue Max wasnt shot in cinerama which was a short lived film format, it was shot in Cinemascope and one of the last films to be shot using these bulky heavy cameras.

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you sur Hardy Kruger is in the Blue MAx. kruger was a fairly big name in the 50s and 60s and if he was in the Blue Max it would not have been a bit part???