Blue Man Group: How to be a Megastar Live Blu-ray Review

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Alan Paterson, 16th February 2009
‘Blue Man Group: How to be a Megastar Live’ is a well filmed , multi camera show that looks and sounds great on Blu-ray. They’re an innovative group using percussion and lighting effects combined with a live rock group in a visually and sonically entertaining way.

The 1080p presentation is punchy and vibrant, while the audio makes the most of the new instruments the group have created.

The extras are well worth watching as they provide an insight into the history of the group as well as some additional material, not included in the 98 minute show. After you’ve seen the show, you’ll be interested enough to want to know more.

Read the full review...

I'd agree with the review, what a fantastic show, having seen them last weeknd at the O2 arena, a fantastic show to watch and participate in.
I only have the DVD version of the previous concert and that is great.
They are at the O2 again in May this year. The O2 - Blue Man Group
:thumbsup:

Excellent review. :smashin:

If I may just add one thing - a previous version of the show (filmed in standard definition) was released on DVD [The Complex Rock Tour] in 2003. There's quite a bit of overlap in terms of content, but on the whole I'd say get the new one (though I personally preferred the performance of 'I feel love' with Venus Hum from the first version).

Last edited:
i've seen the show live twice and i LOVED it both times. these men are very creative and deserve to be supported. the list i watch that has bd releases didn't have this one on there. i'd pick it up if i wasn't so gd broke.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom