1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue lines/bars ruining picture in shrek r1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by rOAdeh, Jul 12, 2003.

1. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Just bought a nice shiny new MR tosh 330 from RS after getting a price match from Amazon :)D)

Seems to have been working fine using an RGB scart connection for all dvds watched so far. However, just started watching my Special Edition Shrek R1 and was horrified to see large amounts of blue lines scrolling across the tv - made the whole film unwatchable much to my annoyance.

Thought it might possibly be some form of magnetic interference and/or perhaps problem with r1 disks however, i have just tried several othe r1 (and r2) disks and none of them seem to have any problems at all (inc monster's inc r1 which i thought possibly may have exhibited similar problems).

The problem showed up mostly in light areas of the film. Unfortunately i cannot tell if this is just my tv or it because I'm using RGB and have no other telly to test it on. (this tv is so old that it cannot display ntsc s-video in colour and i dont have a composite lead atm).

Just wondering therefore if anyone else has had similar problems and if they found a way to correct them. if not it looks like im gonna have to sell of my r1 and get a (no doubt inferior) r2 copy :/

cheers,

rOAdeh

2. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    ok well after resorting to watching monster's inc insteas last night.. i tried playing shrek in my pc and it worked fine

then tried again in my tosh 330 and it was also fine.. most peculiar but ill just put it down to being a one off

never mind eh

rOAdeh