1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue jeans cable

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stu mcc, Mar 12, 2005.

1. stu mcc

stu mcc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Does anybody have experience of buying stuff from this company? What is the quality like (especially component and speaker wire) ,is their service any good and what are their shipping charges, also am I likely to get clobbered with customs charges? Sorry to lay a whole list of questions on all of you but any help or advice/opinions would be really helpful.
    thanks all,
    Stu

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    Not used them myself but I know forum member here and elsewhere have in the past and recommend them.

Re shipping charges their site states that they recommend that customers outside of the U.S. or Canada first write to them for a shipping quote to determine what it will cost to ship. Let them know, when writing for a quote, what specific cables you'll be ordering so that they can calculate weight.

Re customs charges, can't answer as that will be determined by the labelling on the parcel and how eagle eyed HM Customs are.

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have used them and had no problems at all. In fact next week I will be ordering some more.

4. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Ditto here.

I've just paid the standard shipping which should be for surface mail and they've always been sent airmail.

If you keep the cost under £18 then you'll avoid customs, otherwise you're at risk.

Basically they're the same as the Mark Grant offerings in the Powerbuys above but a bit cheaper if you don't mind ordering from the US.

Either way the best cables that money can buy, for a lot less than some manufacturer's would like you to pay.

5. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

I also ordered from them, but had it sent to US address as I was over there.
    They were very hel[pful as I ordered the wrong connection, they sent out new one immediately and I sent back other one.

John

6. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    They are an excellent company to deal with, i got a 6 metre component cable from them a while back and it was excellent quality and as thick as a hose pipe. As for customs charges you could always ask them to mark it below a certain value ;)

7. stu mcc

stu mcc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Thanks for all your help chaps, I'll contact BJC for shipping costs although for 65 m of speaker cable and a 10 m component I could be in for a bit of a shock!