Blue and Red lines on the edges

mashrur mia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Hopefully this post isn't in the wrong place. Advice me otherwise.

We recently bought a Sony KDL46W905. As the first HDTV, we love it. But few days ago I noticed there is a thin blue line on the left edge and a thin red line on the right edge of the TV, specially visible scene is white.

First the blue line on the left edge:

blue_left.jpg

And here is the red line on the right edge:

red_right.jpg

Now I might too picky about these things, but is this a defect? At work we have an LG TV (shows company slides), which also has these lines on white screens.

Please help. We bought this from johnlewis, and we are within 90 days, so might be able to exchange it if it is indeed faulty.

thanks a lot, in advance

Sa'ad

Mine has exactly the same thing. You have very good eyesight to have spotted it at all. I can't see it from any sensible viewing distance. I think it's a result of the pixel structure and not a defect.

Thanks Andrew1472 for your reply. Given that I can see that on the office TV, I guess it may not be a defect after all. Lets see what others think.

Mine has exactly the same thing. You have very good eyesight to have spotted it at all. I can't see it from any sensible viewing distance. I think it's a result of the pixel structure and not a defect.

If you don't mind, which TV model you have? Sony "W905?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom