Blu Rayer Wont Recognise My 3d Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gruntled, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Gruntled

Gruntled
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am dabbling for the first time in home cinema, I got a great deal on a promethean est-p1 short throw projector,(92" screen at only 60cm from wall) I also bought a sony BDP 4100. The BDP player came with 2 3d Harry potter discs. I connected the BDP to the projector but it doesn't recognise the projector as having 3d capability and wont play the 3d version. I have also connected to a Panasonic SC-HTB20EB 2.1 Sound Bar. The BDP wont recognise the projector when connected through the soundbar or directly via HDMI. The setup works superbly with the 2d BluRay.
    Questions
    Does anyone know if the BDP can be made to work in 3d with the projector?
    Will I need to buy an adaptor like YT-V3D-P 3D HD Video Converter Box for Projector?
    Would the BDP recognise the adapter?
    If it all gets to complicated I will stick to the 2d which works excellently as is.
    Any help appreciated

Originally posted under screens (idiot)

2. paulr2006

paulr2006
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    Never heard of this PJ but a quick google shows it as WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution but it does say 3D, is there a setting within the PJ menu or on the remote to switch 3D on? not 100% but you might also have to lowever the resolution in the BD player menu unless the PJ accepts a 1080P signal & downscales it? hopefully someone else will know more!

3. Gruntled

Gruntled
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response, I have switched 3d on, on the PJ I still get a an error message from the BDP, I will try to change the resolution on the BDP although it works very well currently in 2d mode. Hopefully someone else will have some insight.

4. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,671
    It's 3D ready not 3D so it won't work via bluray only via a PC. This is a school data projector not home cinema.

5. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,671
    PS don't think it will work with a 3D convertor either as they need the PJ to be 120 hz and yours is 85.

6. Gruntled

Gruntled
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers,
    It works really well in 2d I might just be stuck with that, I am just confused because on the manufacturer's website (Article Details

- Promethean KB
    It suggests setting the screen refresh rate to 120Hz, if using a pc and in another article its states (
    Can I use my regular VGA cable to view 3D or do I need a HDMI cable?
    DLP 3D will function through both VGA and HDMI. To use 3D Blu-ray DVD players, HDMI cables that are 1.4 compatible must be used. )

7. Gruntled

Gruntled
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Success I bought a 3d converter and the blu ray recognises it, outputs the 120hz signal and voila perfect 3d (after inverting the sync rate).

8. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,671
    Nice one, but for the price of the PJ and convertor could you not have just bought a proper 3D PJ?