Blu-Ray: The Crow Deluxe Edition (US)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Lionsgate releases The Crow Deluxe Edition in US on October 18, 2011

Before SIN CITY and THE DARK KNIGHT, there was THE CROW - the "stunning work of visual style" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times) that re-imagined comic book movies for a new generation

Detailed Synopsis:

Before SIN CITY and THE DARK KNIGHT rose, there was THE CROW - the "dark, lurid revenge fantasy" (The New York Times) from director Alex Proyas (DARK CITY) that entranced audiences and critics alike. Featuring Brandon Lee in his final, tragic performance, THE CROW is the tale of young musician Eric Draven (Lee) who, along with his fiancée, is murdered on the eve of their Halloween wedding.

Exactly one year after their deaths, Eric is risen from the grave by a mysterious crow to seek out his killers and force them to answer for their crimes. "A kinetic, pounding, adrenalized feast for the senses" (Austin Chronicle), THE CROW is now presented for the first time in stunning High- Definition Blu-ray, and enhanced by extensive retrospectives with the cast and crew that take you behind every aspect of the film's creation, from James O'Barr's comic books to the development, production design, music and filming of the movie, including a tribute to Lee. THE CROW: DELUXE EDITION is a thrilling presentation of this haunting film that is not to be missed.

Cast: Brandon Lee, Michael Wincott, Rochelle Davis
Director: Alex Proyas

Special Features: (Subject to change)

• NEW "From Beyond the Grave" interview with creator James O'Barr
• NEW "Adaptation" Featurette on the writing and development of the film
• NEW "Citizens of Detroit" Featurette on the cast
• NEW "The Man Who Was Eric" Featurette on Brandon Lee
• NEW "Urban Decay" Featurette on the production design and visuals
• NEW "Tragedy" - a look back at the untimely death of Brandon Lee
• NEW "Mood Music" Featurette on the film's score
• NEW "Recover & Release" Featurette on how the production proceeded after Lee's death
• NEW Audio Commentary with director Alex Proyas
• Behind-the-scenes featurette
• Audio Commentary with producer Jeff Most and screenwriter John Shirley
• Extended and Deleted Scenes
• Storyboards
• Photo Galleries

No. of Discs: 2
Screen Format: WideScreen
Language/Subtitles: English, French, Spanish Subtitles
Audio: 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL, 5.1 DTS-HD
Rating: R
Run Time: 101
Format: BLURAY + Digital Copy
UPC: 03139814240980
Catalog #: 31148
SRP: $19.99
Rating: R

crowt.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap!

The Proyas commentary alone, means I might have to pick this up.

If the transfer's up to scratch, my Japanese import may watch itself.

I was always annoyed they left all that great stuff off the original "special edition". I have that DVD and although it's great the commentary is flat and clearly they sounded under pressure not to talk about certain things.

I wonder if the deleted scenes will just be the montage that was on the DVD. It would be nice to see the skull cowboy stuff properly as it's only a few glimpses otherwise.

One of my favourite films so will definitely be picking this up on BD!

Last edited:
Finally time to upgrade my EIV two discer. Which i bought on release i'll have you know back in 20??

So is this a new transfer? I've got the German version, and it looks excellent.

Where'd you get that info from, OP? Every other site I've seen that's mentioned the US BD doesn't say anything about new extras.

Where'd you get that info from, OP? Every other site I've seen that's mentioned the US BD doesn't say anything about new extras.

Firstly i want to apologise if this turns out to be wrong, yes its strange no other sites are carrying the same info as above

I got the info from here, the guy who runs the site tells me [via email] he got a press release from Lionsgate, i dont know if he's telling the truth or not. Also same news here

The site has now been updated without the 'New' extras on The Crow, to fall in-line with other websites, so not good news.

"For The First Time Ever On Blu-Ray"

That's not what my shelf says...

Oh! You mean first time available in Yank Land?

Gotcha. ;)

"For The First Time Ever On Blu-Ray"

That's not what my shelf says...

Oh! You mean first time available in Yank Land?

Gotcha. ;)

You know nothing exists outside the USA, so how would they know

So looks like the new US release is a waste of time:

The Crow Blu-ray - Brandon Lee

Low bitrate and most of the shots appear to be significantly cropped compared to the other releases.

It appears that Lionsgate strikes again, but those are Beaver caps so let's not get too carried away.

The movie isn't simply "cropped" though, as it varies from shot to shot. Look at the cap of Eric in the rain; the Liosngate shows more picture area, not less. It's obviously been reframed.

Strange, I'm sure it would've been shot soft matted so more picture would be available top and bottom, but not sides.

If it was shot Academy and then matted to 1.85 there would be extra space all round the intended framing.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom