Blu-Ray Slipcover List & Discussion Thread: Part Eight

How do folks here protect their slips? I'm currently using DVD/Blu-ray bags but just wondering if there was anything better?
I do the same for my slips. For my steelbooks I use shells as well. They maybe too big for normal blu's with slips though. They look much better than the bags.
Edit. I just tried some normal blu's with slips in the shells and they fitted quite nice. They are pretty pricey though.

Last edited:
Heres the slip on the Amazon Digibook exclusive for Xmen

I don't protect slips but have used those ring binder plastic sleeves cut and folded in half for the few steelbooks I have.

I have had the new X Men film ordered for me for Xmas to make sure I get a slip.

I protect my favourite slips with the plastics shells i used to protect my steelbooks with....sold a load so had shells spare, look good on slips

Which shells do go use? From collecting SteelBooks I know there's quite a few different ones out there.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I have a mixture of both, but like you say SC2 are a bit tight, some slips tend to be bigger than others

The new X Men film came today. Even though it is a Xmas present, I wanted to see what the slip looks like and with my other X Men films.

xmens.jpg

Added this one today, great film..

Another One for me today, Nic Cage last decent performance imo.

What a Bunch of A Holes

I so hope the edition from America comes with a slipcover! Went with it because I prefer the yellow/gold border with the lovely blue/purple sky with added stars behind them. :clap:

Has anyone bought Man of Steel recently from Zavvi and got a slip? They still show a slip but mine did not come with one.

Has anyone bought Man of Steel recently from Zavvi and got a slip? They still show a slip but mine did not come with one.

Generally speaking, if a website shows a picture of a slip it does not mean you will definitely get one unfortunately. :(

I'd not risk it plenty on eBay with real photos so you know what's coming.

One for £6.45 but loads more.

All the following are from France, apart from the Criterion edition. Unfortunately the Odd Thomas one got a load of the protective layer ripped off after removing a massive long sticker they stuck on the actual slipcover and no point sending it back because all of them will probably have it on, it wasn't even hard to remove, came off smoothly but it brought the layer with it so there was nothing I could do except leaving the sticker on but it was ugly so rather have the layer off... :(

But anyway, didn't know some of these came with a slipcover so was rather happy. :thumbsup:

slips2222 (2).JPG

slips2222 (4).JPG

slips2222 (3).JPG

^ This American Horror Story one has the characters on the front embossed quite big, kind of like the Jennifer's Body slipcover above in a previous post, just not so far out.

slips2222 (6).JPG

slips2222 (5).JPG

And the Criterion edition from the 50% off sale they are having:

slips2222 (1).JPG

Got this today, a Jumbo Slipcover?

Another came through from France today:

fall.JPG

Two today, pitch black was in the amazon 3 for 17 deal..

Two today, pitch black was in the amazon 3 for 17 deal..

I would have ordered all 3 Riddicks in their 3 for £17 if they had the Reel Heroes Chronicles in it. Instead, I ordered the complete Collection from Amazon.com for £14 in a single case.

I have Chronicles, so i ordered pitch black, riddick and where eagles dare, amazon with their weird dispatch logic sent pitch black tracked and the other two standard mail, they of course have not arrived..

The other week they sent a £5 blu ray tracked and delivered next days by Hermes. A £25 blu ray got sent by Royal mail, not tracked and took 2 days.

They have also split up a order to get over the £10 minimum by sending it in 2 packages so costing twice as much to post.

Very strange the way they decide to do their delivery's

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom