• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blu Ray Really Slow

crazyfool_1

Established Member
Ok so I finally installed my lg hddvd/bluray combo drive into my htpc today. Problem is though it takes about 30-40 seconds after inserting a blu ray or hd dvd before windows actually sees the disc. If I use anydvdhd to remove the copy protection then it takes longer.
Once windows actually sees the disc and I run tmt3 to play it, using the mce gui for it, 9 times out of 10 I get the intro screen (20th century fox etc...) and then just a black screen.
This is the first time using the drive in the htpc however it was in my main pc before and I could pop in a disc and it would appear pretty quick (around 10 seconds) so I'm sure something is wrong.
This is under Vista Home Premium SP1 btw. The tmt issue isn't so bad as I can just switch back to PowerDVD 7 if I can dig out my copy but the 30-40 seconds just for the disc to appear is pretty slow.
Anyone have any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom