[Blu-ray]Rambo Trilogy US £20 delivered

What about the quad boxset?

Are there any extras or benefits to buying the First Blood Trilogy rather than buying them individually?
Movietyme.com have them for £8.99 including delivery. The "boxset" is up for £24.99 and is the same amount of discs, so the only thing I'd guess is different is you get a cardboard slipcase to put the 3 movies in?

What about the quad boxset?

There isn't a US quad set, but there is in the UK but I haven't seen it for less than £50

Are there any extras or benefits to buying the First Blood Trilogy rather than buying them individually?
Movietyme.com have them for £8.99 including delivery. The "boxset" is up for £24.99 and is the same amount of discs, so the only thing I'd guess is different is you get a cardboard slipcase to put the 3 movies in?

AFAIK The only advantages are the slipcase and it works out cheaper to buy the set.

if i buy the 1-3 boxset from tower.com will i be hit by customs?

Nope. The customs limit is £18 and excludes the delivery charge. :thumbsup:

thats incorrect once i got charged because the shipping and the item price exceeded the customs limit, only way i found it why i got charged was speaking to someone at the customs office

but it really depends on how generous Mr mount pleasant is feeling at the time

my item was £15 plus £40 postage, i cried :(

thats incorrect once i got charged because the shipping and the item price exceeded the customs limit, only way i found it why i got charged was speaking to someone at the customs office

but it really depends on how generous Mr mount pleasant is feeling at the time

my item was £15 plus £40 postage, i cried :(

My post is correct, you were incorrectly charged and could have claimed it back. More info HERE

My post is correct, you were incorrectly charged and could have claimed it back. More info HERE

as stated your post is inaccurate, but the buyer wont be hit by customs unless he chooses EMS, like i did as stated when i paid £40 postage, i avoid EMS now :(

customs and excise

3.1 How are customs charges calculated?
Customs duty - Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs. However, postage is excluded from the calculation for duty on gifts sent by post except for Express Mail Service (EMS).

and it states gifts, nothing about merchandise, which i guess is different

kinda only been importing for the last 16 years - but only paid duty a handful of times :)

Ouch, £40 postage? What were you buying? And how much did you get charged?

well ive just ordered rambo 1,2,3,4 on tower.com just hope they are all region free:clap::clap::clap::clap:

as stated your post is inaccurate, but the buyer wont be hit by customs unless he chooses EMS, like i did as stated when i paid £40 postage, i avoid EMS now :(

customs and excise

3.1 How are customs charges calculated?
Customs duty - Duty is charged on the price paid for the goods including any local sales taxes plus postage, packing and insurance costs. However, postage is excluded from the calculation for duty on gifts sent by post except for Express Mail Service (EMS).

and it states gifts, nothing about merchandise, which i guess is different

kinda only been importing for the last 16 years - but only paid duty a handful of times :)

You are correct in saying that if you are charged by customs then it is calculated on the total amount, including postage.

However, you should not be charged anything if the intrinsic value of the goods, excluding postage is less than £18

well ive just ordered rambo 1,2,3,4 on tower.com just hope they are all region free:clap::clap::clap::clap:

how long will it take to get here cant wait :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom