Blu ray question

martinoslice

Hi im changing to a player with analog out as im buying an older legacy processor/power amp, my question is should i buy a player with 8 analog out or 6, i havent decided which legacy processor but i will be playing about with a few so most of them will only have 5.1 analog in, so if i buy a player with 8 channel analog out could i join the 4 analogs for the rears and plug them into the analog input for the 2 rears, or should i buy a player with 6 out to suit the processor. Also any advice on a decent player with good bass managment & usb in with analogs out that plays divx. I was thinking the s550 but not sure if it does divx.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi im changing to a player with analog out as im buying an older legacy processor/power amp, my question is should i buy a player with 8 analog out or 6, i havent decided which legacy processor but i will be playing about with a few so most of them will only have 5.1 analog in, so if i buy a player with 8 channel analog out could i join the 4 analogs for the rears and plug them into the analog input for the 2 rears, or should i buy a player with 6 out to suit the processor. Also any advice on a decent player with good bass managment & usb in with analogs out that plays divx. I was thinking the s550 but not sure if it does divx.
Hi martinoslice. :)
I think all the new players will come with 7.1 out for analogue anyway,no big just use the 5.1 if that's all you need.
550's a good player :smashin: don't think it does divx though. :(
All the best.

martinoslice

I have a 7.1 setup, i wasnt sure if i used the decoding in the bd player via the 8 analog out into a 6 analog in legacy processor would i be losing 2 rears?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
I have a 7.1 setup, i wasnt sure if i used the decoding in the bd player via the 8 analog out into a 6 analog in legacy processor would i be losing 2 rears?
So your be using 6 (5.1) analogues out of the player into the processor is that right?
The yes the rears would be lost unless the said processor can say matrix 5.1 > 7.1 so the rears get used.

Last edited:

s_d_grif

Hi Martin,

As long as you set the BD player to 5.1 in the output settings you'll be fine connecting just the 5.1 outputs to your amp. Very few discs at the moment have full 7.1 in any case (there are plenty of threads discussing this) so your not losing much.

Stu

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom