• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Blu Ray problems

2000AD

Novice Member
I recently upgraded my player to a Panasonic DP-UB391EBK 4K Ultra HD. It is connected to my Samsung UE49KU6100 Smart TV.

I keep experiencing intermittent pauses in playback - the player doesn’t make sounds as though it is struggling but the image and sound just freezes for a split second at random points then carries on. I watched my first 4K disc and it was much more frequent than with normal blu ray. It does it when I playback DVD’s aswell but less frequently.

It isn’t damaged discs. It isn’t the HDMI cable as I have tried various. It isn’t interference. The TV is great - no such issues with streaming or watching TV.

Can anyone diagnose any settings / setting combinations on the TV / player that could be the cause of this. Failing that it could be the HDMI port on the TV. I very much doubt that though.

Is this a common problem as my old player did this aswell? Is blu ray still a work in progress or something. My last viewing session made me want to return to the reliability of scart cables. It is beyond frustrating. It is expensive nonsense.

Would really appreciate some pointers. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom