Blu Ray Pre Order help

Jake101

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok here we go....

Want to pre-order new release blu rays, what is the best place to get them from?

Hunger Games
Avengers Assemble
The Amazing Spiderman
Prometheus

Now I know the last 3 have special 3D editions, do they also include extras that the 2D versions do not?

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/Robert-Downey-Jr/Avengers-Assemble-Sainsbury-s-Blu-Ray-Exclusive/product.html?product=E11108583

What is the sainsburys exclusive copy? Is it the artwork?

Also the same with the Hunger Games, there is an exclusive sainsburys copy, is that worth getting over the others?

Thanks!

Disney have just sent out an email flyer detailing the 3 different exclusives that different stores are offering on "The Avengers": they obviously hope people will not just double-dip but triiple-dip (and that's before you take into account the USA release with all the toys)

HMV exclusive: Steelbook
Asda exclusive: The Avengers Season 1 graphic novel
Sainsbury's Exclusive: Sleeve and 90 minutes of unseen bonus content

Missed out on the steelbook offer a while back so think I will stick with Sainsbuys, cheers!

Disney have just sent out an email flyer detailing the 3 different exclusives that different stores are offering on "The Avengers": they obviously hope people will not just double-dip but triiple-dip (and that's before you take into account the USA release with all the toys)

HMV exclusive: Steelbook
Asda exclusive: The Avengers Season 1 graphic novel
Sainsbury's Exclusive: Sleeve and 90 minutes of unseen bonus content

Asda's is a DVD.

3D titles will not I think include any more extra, but will include a 2D copy if you think you'll upgrade to 3D one day.

Jake101 said:
Ok here we go....

Want to pre-order new release blu rays, what is the best place to get them from?

Hunger Games
Avengers Assemble
The Amazing Spiderman
Prometheus

Now I know the last 3 have special 3D editions, do they also include extras that the 2D versions do not?

https://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Films-TV/Blu-ray/Robert-Downey-Jr/Avengers-Assemble-Sainsbury-s-Blu-Ray-Exclusive/product.html?product=E11108583

What is the sainsburys exclusive copy? Is it the artwork?

Also the same with the Hunger Games, there is an exclusive sainsburys copy, is that worth getting over the others?

Thanks!

I would say Sainsburys Entertainment is the best for all those films, they are certainly the cheapest for Prometheus and Spiderman at £12.99 each, The Hunger Games was also that price a few weeks ago when I pre-ordered but I see it's gone up to £14.99 now.

As for the exclusives both The Avengers and The Hunger Games have exclusive artwork and bonus discs not available anywhere else in the UK.

Gone for Sainsburys pre-ordered all 4 from there.

Not bothered about the 3D so have just gone with regular Blu ray copies.

Cheers all!

who would post the quickest out of the current crop of retailers ..nothing worse than waiting for a shipping email on the day of release ?

thanks

who would post the quickest out of the current crop of retailers ..nothing worse than waiting for a shipping email on the day of release ?

thanks

Amazon is the only one I know of that doesn't dispatch the week prior to release but if you want to make sure you have it early or at the latest on release day then you can't go wrong with Play.com

yeh i've orderd with play ..thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom