• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blu-ray players - slow on DVDs as well ?

garyavuk

Standard Member
Hi

read a lot about blu-ray players being slow to load but a few recent models much quicker

wondering , does this only apply if you are loading a blu-ray disc or does
it still happen with dvds ?

so not sure if its the players hardware or the discs really

thanks

PSM1

Distinguished Member
My LX71 takes just as long ot recognise a DVD as it does a Bluray. So think it is the player more than the disks.

petet66

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about loading times. You're about to watch a movie that lasts a couple of hours. What's two minutes? By the time you've got a drink or configured the surround sound amp and changed channels on your TV it's ready to roll.

fyonn

Established Member
Not sure I fully agree with the startup time argument. Yes it's true that a 2 minute wait is only a fraction of the 2 hour film. but the two hours is spent sat down engrossed (hopefully) in a great film. the 2 minutes is spent crouching down under the telly frustrated and waiting for a tray to open, or wondering why the menu's not appeared yet.

I feel this is especially a case with the "other halves" who might not be prepared to accept some of the small sacrifices as we may, and wonder why this hot new, expensive product is "worse" than the old one.

it's the little conveniences I find that we often appreciate most and I do like the speed of operation of my oppo player which just feels like a DVD player, but produces much better image when given the opportunity.

dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom