Blu Ray Player with WiFi

Justice UK

Standard Member
Hi Guys, new here and I've been after a blu ray player for a little while now as I have only previously owned the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive.

I'm after something that has built in wifi preferably so that I can use BD Live easily as it won't be near a router also so I could use and internet services easily if they are available.

Any recommendations on a low cost blu ray player with wifi?

Thanks

Doctor Hades

I bought the Sony BDP-S570 specifically for its built-in Wi-Fi as well as its faster loading speeds. This player also has 1 GB of internal memory so you won't need to use an external memory stick as with other players. I'm very happy with it and it replaced the older S350 which is still a great player but rather slow these days and lacks Wi-Fi. The S570 has internet features and the same Xross Media Bar interface as the PS3. In fact, the functionality is the same as the PS3's bar an internet browser and the ability to play games so you get Qriocity, BBC iPlayer, LoveFilms and many others. You can also stream from a PC or media hub as well as view photos and listen to music (CDs or streamed).

It cost me £160 from Amazon although you may find it cheaper if you're prepared to shop around as it is last year's model and has been replaced by the S580, which also has Wi-Fi built in but lacks internal memory.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom