Blu-ray Player with no line of sight remote

BigLicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a new 3D blu-ray player, but given the space it'll occupy I'd like one that has a remote that doesnt need line of sight. I have a ROKU 3, not sure what you class that type of remote as but it works perfect for what i need.

Only looking for a relatively cheap one, upto maybe £200. I need one that plays as many formats as possible from USB e.g. DivX, MPEG, AVI ect.... Any one have any suggestions?

Cheers

PS3.

PS3 is pretty awefull for playing files via USB, had one till it broke....

But it is the only player with a Bluetooth remote..... It'll play most things if you have ps3mediaserver or similar running.

If you have something like a iPod Touch or iPhone some Blu-ray players have apps which control them via WiFi.

Ordered an LG now, plays all the stuff i want, decent reviews and has the magic motion remote which should do what i want. If not you can use an apple / andriod device to control it.

Cheers.

Ordered an LG now, plays all the stuff i want, decent reviews and has the magic motion remote which should do what i want. If not you can use an apple / andriod device to control it.

Cheers.
I thought the LG Magic Motion remotes are for their TVs? They only have about 6 buttons ie volume up/down, channel up/down, power on & 'smart' button & that's pretty much it. No BD/DVD play/Rw/FF buttons etc.
Worth double checking before you buy one.

My understanding was that thats what it has, maybe i got it wrong but either way its been delivered and i'll be home at the weekend to check it out. Its not the end of the world if its an IR type remote, i'd rather have the ability to play DivX ect.. than the remote and thats why I went with LG.

No, it's a RF remote but I wasn't sure whether it'd control a Blu-ray player as there hardly seems to be any buttons on it (eg no Play, RW/FF buttons) :smashin:

OK, just checking it out, its an LG BP740 and come with a "magic remote". Hopefully thats the RF type.

Well I can now confirm that it does have an RF type magic remote. Unfortunately it would only play one of my blurays so its gone back. Hopefully the next one will be OK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom