Blu-Ray player with 5.1 spring clip speaker terminals

rickio01984

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im wanting to upgrade my parents from a broken JVC DVD player to a Blu-Ray player but still using the JVC surround sound 5.1 speaker system in conjunction with the new Blu-Ray player. The JVC speakers are bare wire ends which go into spring clip terminals like this picture below -
6d9f11_62ab_11420-rear.jpg

Is there a stand alone Blu-Ray player with these terminals? Thankyou :)

Im wanting to upgrade my parents from a broken JVC DVD player to a Blu-Ray player but still using the JVC surround sound 5.1 speaker system in conjunction with the new Blu-Ray player. The JVC speakers are bare wire ends which go into spring clip terminals like this picture below -

Is there a stand alone Blu-Ray player with these terminals? Thankyou :)

you won't find one.

Those are Speaker connection terminals and not for device to device connectivity.

The JVC surround system should have other inputs to connect external devices to it? Scart/RCA/Optical/Digital Co-ax/HDMI...

you won't find one.

Those are Speaker connection terminals and not for device to device connectivity.

The JVC surround system should have other inputs to connect external devices to it? Scart/RCA/Optical/Digital Co-ax/HDMI...

Yes, the JVC system does have an optical and phono input. But i was wanting to just get rid of the JVC system so they didnt have to fiddle with 2 seperate devices, switching one on and the other to AUX just so they can watch a movie. Thankyou for your help. :)

Yes, the JVC system does have an optical and phono input. But i was wanting to just get rid of the JVC system so they didnt have to fiddle with 2 seperate devices, switching one on and the other to AUX just so they can watch a movie. Thankyou for your help. :)

Speakers need an Amplifier to 'drive' them.

The JVC system is the amplifier converting the digital audio from the DVD/BluRay player etc.. into analogue output to your speakers...

the ONLY way you will be able to connect the speakers to a BluRay player is with an amplifier between the player and the speakers.

will work out more expensive but if your parents still want to have 5.1 sound but with something simple to use you need to be looking at an All-in-one system...

take a look here..http://www.avforums.com/forums/all-one-systems/

Speakers need an Amplifier to 'drive' them.

The JVC system is the amplifier converting the digital audio from the DVD/BluRay player etc.. into analogue output to your speakers...

the ONLY way you will be able to connect the speakers to a BluRay player is with an amplifier between the player and the speakers.

will work out more expensive but if your parents still want to have 5.1 sound but with something simple to use you need to be looking at an All-in-one system...

take a look here..All-in-one Systems | AVForums.com - UK Online

Which im sure would be more expensive buying a blu-ray player and a seperate amp. I may as well buy a complete new blu-ray surround sound system or put up with what ive got by connecting the two together. Thanks again for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom