Blu ray player suggestions to replace my oppo bdp 83?

TigerMacZ

Novice Member
Hi

I asked this back in 2020 but didn;t get a reply im looking for a blu ray player which is region and has similar performance to my old region free oppo bdp 83,

well without the hefty price tag i paid for when i first got it.

my television is a panasonic 55 inch ex750, streaming functionality doesnt interest me and im not to sure about it being a 4k player.

any suggestion would be appreciated.

Jester1066

Don't think you can go far wrong with a Panasonic UB820.

I got mine (Region free for both Bluray and DVD) from here

You even get a choice of film on 4K They throw in a good high quality HDMI lead and you can ask them - before ordering - to send you the back-lit remote used for the UB9000 (as an upgradeto the standard small remote, as the 2 are compatible).

Here's a review for the UB820:

It essentially the same as the range topping UB9000. Main differences are stated in the review.

Hope this helps

Edit: if you're not wanting 4K then look at some of the Panasonics lower down the range TPS offer.

gibbsy

Bad time to be looking for a player. You are really just looking at Panasonic or Sony. If you need SACD or DVD-A playback then that leaves you with Sony. Pioneer will hopefully be making a comeback to the market with the excellent LS500/800 models both of which are true UD players.

If you only want a player for film then the Panasonics are probably the best. There will also be a new player in the coming months from Reavon, a German company. They interest me more than the other two as Reavon has SACD capabilities.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom