blu ray player problem

lethal1000

Established Member
Reaction score
just tried to play iron man 3 3d on my Panasonic bdt-490 home cinema system.it has played before no problems.for the last 2 times at the same time 1.06 hrs into the film the disc freezes and will not play past this point.disc has no scratches is clean and latest firmware is installed.any ideas please.

have just tried in a bdt 110 panasonic blu ray 3d player and plays ok past this point,weird.

Last edited:
Have you tried clearing the players cache?

thanks for replying, what does that mean and how do you do it.

have now played the film on an older 3d blu ray player and played flawlessly.will now be getting hold of the warranty company as have extended warranty on it.

I have Thor disc and played flawlessly on my old Sony and on my parents Panasonic but the picture breaks up just a bit later when Coulson makes the remark about one of Tony Starks. I contacted Panasonic and got told some guff that the player is that good its picking a fault up on the disc the other players aren't. And had I tried an other Thor disc to see if it was the disc itself or the player.

thank you for your reply.I have an extended warranty with a third party and I also played this disc on my older Panasonic 3d blu ray player with no problems.I am thinking there is a problem with the lazer.Just been in contact with warranty company and they are sending an engineer out.Looks good so far.

Last edited:
engineer been today and looks like faulty lazer,has a new one on order and when in stock engineer will be back to fit.looking good so far.

new lazer fitted played thor the dark world 3d,played no problem,happy bunny so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom