Blu-ray player HELP!!

electrifier

Standard Member
Hi people

I need some help :lease: with my home theater setup.

Equipment concerned with this problem is:

TV:
Samsung 3D LED tv :thumbsup:
Model: UA55C7000WF

A/V AMP:
Sony multi channel av receiver
Model: STR-KM7500

BLU-RAY Player:
Samsung
Model: BD-C6900

My problem is when I connect the blu-ray player to the tv via the amp, the amp doesn't seem to want to pass the signal to the amp output which is connected to the tv, of course. I also get no sound from the amp. When I connect the blu-ray player straight to the tv it works fine but I get no sound from the amp.

Blu-ray to amp cable is HDMI
amp to tv cable is HDMI

Is there a setting i've missed? A compatibility problem?

Any ideas :lease:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
It could be a resolution issue so I would try altering the resolution when connected to the TV then connecting it back via the amp. The fact you aren't getting video or sound does sound like a source or cable issue. Have you tried swapping cables or inputs? Does the amp work with other HDMI sources?

electrifier

Standard Member
Hi davepuma

Yes I swapped inputs, problem still there & the cable i'm using is the same one that works when connected straight to the tv. Yes, my Tivo box is connected to the amp with a HDMI cable & it works fine.

I changed the resolution on the blu-ray player from "auto" to "1080p" and reconnected it through the amp and what do you know, it works.

thanks for the tip davepuma

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom