• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blu Ray Player buying advice

i8gtmf

Standard Member
Hello all in the light of my dead Panasonic DB35 see here http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/1449094-panasonic-bd35-blu-ray-play-problems.html i need a replacement and am wondering which route to take.

At the moment i have a Panasonic TXL37V10B, Xbox360, and an older Panasonic SAHT855 DVD which i hook everything through via Optical to give me my 5.1 surround since i used the BD35 for playback thats the only reason i kept the HT855 in the system.
Since my bluray player had died i was wondering if theres a blu ray player with speaker out I could get as a replacement so i don't have to mess around with keeping the older dvd player in the system. I have a set of Bose Acoustimass10 for speakers so buying a blu ray/speaker package isn't probably the best way to go as i don't need the speakers.
Is that the best option Blu ray with some speaker outs to my Bose or am i better off getting a middle of the road blu ray player and buying a receiver.
Hope everyone follows that ;)

Thanks

mentm

Prominent Member
There are no bluray players with speaker outputs / amplification, so you have two choices.

1. purchase a suitable receiver and seperate bluray player

2. Buy an all-in-one with speakers which you will almost certainly have to use as yours won't be compatible.

Personally i would go down the seperates route

skk3

Prominent Member
Seperates route also.

i8gtmf

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies :)
Since i'm very new to this then I have been trawling the internet and since i would assume the 5.1 speakers i have which are these Bose Acoustimass 10 home cinema pack are going to be far in front of any speakers sets that would come with an all in one bluray player and they probably won't work with a new bluray all in one the a separates route it is then :)

As far as a receiver is concerned then are any of these worth a look at.

Yamaha RXV667 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

Onkyo TXSR608 Black | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

Denon AVR1911 | AV Receiver | Richer Sounds

mentm

Prominent Member
Yes all three are comparable and there isn't really much to choose between them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom