Blu Ray Player About £60ish ?

Dirty Harry

Novice Member
Can anyone recommend a blu ray player about £60ish that is easilly made multi region ? Its for an xmas present but its no use if i cant get one that i can make multi region for DVD playback. Thanks !

Dirty Harry

Novice Member
Ive seen the Philips BDP3200 for just under £80, and its just a simple remote hack to make that multi region. Do you know if thats up to much ? Crazy why they dont just come as MR as standard :mad:

skk3

Agreed.

dUnKle

Was there not one at asda, non named brand, for fifty quid that could be made multi region for both blu and dvd ?

IAN P

Novice Member
Was there not one at asda, non named brand, for fifty quid that could be made multi region for both blu and dvd ?

This was a Limit machine bought at HMV. 50 quid for multiregion Blu.

Still works too.:cool:

jammyone

Distinguished Member
Toshiba BDX1200 £65.19 on Amazon easily made region free for both DVD and blu-ray, details here

If you have a Richer Sounds near you ring them up to see if they have any left in stock as they sell it for £50.

dUnKle

jammyone said:
Toshiba BDX1200 £65.19 on Amazon easily made region free for both DVD and blu-ray, details here

If you have a Richer Sounds near you ring them up to see if they have any left in stock as they sell it for £50.

Whats the toshiba like as a player, eject speeds and load speeds etc

jammyone

Distinguished Member
Whats the toshiba like as a player, eject speeds and load speeds etc

It's quieter and faster than my Sony 380 and obviously just playing blu-rays the AV is just the same. I haven't tried upscaled DVD. The remote is a bit basic but perfectly usable from the odd time I've tried it as I mainly use a Harmony for convenience.

There's a great review of the player in the hack thread that'll tell you a lot more than I can

http://www.avforums.com/forums/15818614-post151.html

Does the Toshiba play DivX thru the USB ?

As far as I know only jpgs and mp3's through the USB, again I haven't tried as I have a network media player for at that stuff.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom