Blu-Ray play DVDs ?

Blue.Rocket

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
After my DV 696 has decided to go into freeze GUI mood and not knowing how to fix it and after only minor usage,its now going in the bin, I'am now in search of something to replace it.
Forgive my ignorance, but do all Blu-Ray machines playback DVDs ?.
At the moment i have my eyes on a PANASONIC DMPBD80 Multi region
Blu-ray Player With Multi region DVD Playback.would anyone consider this as a decent purchase?.

Yes, all blu-ray players play DVDs. Panasonic DMP BD80 is a excellent player. It may also be worthwhile to look at DMP BD60 which is a lot heaper and is excellent.:thumbsup:

At the moment i have my eyes on a PANASONIC DMPBD80 Multi region
Blu-ray Player With Multi region DVD Playback.would anyone consider this as a decent purchase?.

Yeah if you don't need the multi-analogues then maybe the BD60? :)

Just checked the BD60 which can also be purchased as multi region playback and as you say some £60 cheaper. The only real difference is the loss of Coaxial Output. Reading on both players i'am a little confused, it says no HD DVD playback, yet it does say Dolby HD playback, ?????.

Anyone know of a link to view the rear of the PANASONIC DMPBD80 or BD60, Thanks

Just checked the BD60 which can also be purchased as multi region playback and as you say some £60 cheaper. The only real difference is the loss of Coaxial Output. Reading on both players i'am a little confused, it says no HD DVD playback, yet it does say Dolby HD playback, ?????.

No HD DVD playback,Dolby HD will be the audio. :)
Specs plus 3D video :eek: of the 60 here.
BD80.

HD DVD is the now almost defunct competitor to blu-ray, it's nothing to do with supported audio formats

Just a little update on my research.
Just made contact with a supplier, he tells me that there is nothing availible in multi region Blu-Ray only multi region DVD on the Panasonic BD80 or BD60, which is ok with me,...

Just a little update on my research.
Just made contact with a supplier, he tells me that there is nothing availible in multi region Blu-Ray only multi region DVD on the Panasonic BD80 or BD60, which is ok with me,...

You can buy the player modded for multi-region Blu-ray but the price jumps quite a bit i'm afraid.

You can buy the player modded for multi-region Blu-ray but the price jumps quite a bit i'm afraid.

The Blu-Ray MR really doesn't matter as i most likly will not have a need for it, but it would have been a bonus if the player had came with it.
I only want to make sure i can still play my older R1 DVDs.

Thanks for the reply..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom