blu-ray on my pj

hideflee

Standard Member
just watched open season on bluray disc on my optoma hd70 .WOW fantastic picture ,got to say this has got to be the best picture i have seen on any format ,sky hd hddvd. ps3 bluray rocks.:thumbsup:

Gunhawk

Novice Member
Open season looks amazing on my samsung, so on a projector i bet it does look amazing.

It is the best quality picture ive seen on a blu ray, quite a funny film to. Look forward to see Happy feet on blu ray.

The hair on the bear looks almost real, so much detail. Really impressed me!:thumbsup:

onkeh

Novice Member
Yeah it's a tier 0 transfer according to avsforums.com

onkeh

Novice Member
Basically a big bunch of nerds like us rent all the movies and grade them by quality, 0 being the best, 4 being the naffest. I think "Fifth Element" and "House of Flying Daggers" come out bottom.

Indiana Jones

How does Ice Age 2 come out? as its only £12.99 from Movietyme and if good enough I will upgrade my DVD copy.

cyberheater

just watched open season on bluray disc on my optoma hd70 .WOW fantastic picture ,got to say this has got to be the best picture i have seen on any format ,sky hd hddvd. ps3 bluray rocks.:thumbsup:
What rez did you send to your PJ?

Mec

Novice Member
What rez did you send to your PJ?
I should guess he used 1080i because of the firmware bug which means setting to 720p downscales it to 480p. Thats what I use for my Optoma HD72i anyway. ;)
I find that the picture quality of the best BD's and HD Dvd's to be very close and being down to personnal taste which you prefer. Another good animation to check out is A Scanner Darkly which really suits the rotoscoping style (I think thats what they call it anyway). :smashin:

Mec

Novice Member
How does Ice Age 2 come out? as its only £12.99 from Movietyme and if good enough I will upgrade my DVD copy.
Not seen it myself but reports are that it is one of the best for piture quality. However before you order it off movietyme let me point out that Fox normally region lock their discs and according to the site below this one is as well :thumbsdow

http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

I use this site to get an idea about the picture and sound quality of both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs :smashin:

hooray33

Happy Feet is also a great CGi movie to add to your collection. For live action I can recommend Black Hawk Down and Crank. The Prestige is also pretty impressive, great movie aswell!

cyberheater

I'm just wondering how good the HD70 is in downscaling 1080i/p to 720p. I've head some LCD/Plasma TV's can be cronic in this department and actually throw away half the information.

I've tried to look for an independent review of this feature but have seen none.

Indiana Jones

Not seen it myself but reports are that it is one of the best for piture quality. However before you order it off movietyme let me point out that Fox normally region lock their discs and according to the site below this one is as well :thumbsdow

http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

I use this site to get an idea about the picture and sound quality of both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs :smashin:
That wont be a problem as I have a US PS3.

Mec

Novice Member
That wont be a problem as I have a US PS3.
Was tempted with import myself because of the region coding but with my sony laptop having to be replaced after three months and my brothers dvd player after seven months I decided not to risk it. :rolleyes:

Tony Hoyle

Novice Member
I'm just wondering how good the HD70 is in downscaling 1080i/p to 720p. I've head some LCD/Plasma TV's can be cronic in this department and actually throw away half the information.

I've tried to look for an independent review of this feature but have seen none.
Optoma are known to be a good brand so I don't think there will be an issue.

PJs in general tend to be better at that stuff.. because the people that are buying them are the types that will checkout the technical specs and one that takes the lazy route won't sell - I know when I was after mine the scaler quality was high on my list of things to watch out for.

Any manufacturer that produces a TV that throws away half the fields and scales 540p should be publically shamed IMO... 540p isn't even HD!!

Indiana Jones

Was tempted with import myself because of the region coding but with my sony laptop having to be replaced after three months and my brothers dvd player after seven months I decided not to risk it. :rolleyes:
I wasnt really after a PS3, was just up late one night back in December browsing eBay and ended up bidding and winning a 20Gb one for just over £350 delivered.

Wasnt until mid February that I upgraded to my Tosh but once I did the PS3 made its worth known :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom