Blu Ray omitting DTS?

nw, I understand your frustrations with this situation. But you must surely realise that the studios involved are omitting English dts precisely because we're getting an even higher quality PCM track to begin with?

It sucks for those without audio in over HDMI, or for those whose players do not have internal analogue decoders, but that's the way it is.

nw, I understand your frustrations with this situation. But you must surely realise that the studios involved are omitting English dts precisely because we're getting an even higher quality PCM track to begin with?

It sucks for those without audio in over HDMI, or for those whose players do not have internal analogue decoders, but that's the way it is.

Which is a lot of people without HD audio and I already know some people who will not get into Blu Ray because of it. They don't want to have to replace more of there gear (or more expensive players) to get the HD audio. It will no doubt turn more people away in the future which is a bad thing.

Yeap, the E1 (and the XA1, A1 and A2) all output via coaxial as DTS 15.mbps. Strangely the superior XE1 and XA2 only output as DD - I suppose because people using those step up models wouldn't be using coaxial.

And the XE1 sounded better over coax, go figure.

I'm pro DTS HD MA, it gives lossless to thoughs that can handle it and the best audio for coax only users.

Which is a lot of people without HD audio and I already know some people who will not get into Blu Ray because of it.
Blu-ray offers (generally speaking) large jumps in both picture and sound. Not buying in because you can't get the absolute maximium the format can offer now seems like a mad decision. SD DVDs I brought 10 years ago look and sound better on my current kit than at anytime previously - should I have waited to buy them? I appreciate that is perhaps a little simplistic but if you have a HDTV it seems mad not to pair it with BD simply because you can't listen to all discs with HD audio yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom