Blu-Ray now out sells HD-DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss

Banned
I've just looked on amazon to guage how BD sales compare to HD-DVD. The results are interesting.

Samsung BD-P1000 #890

PS3 #366

360 Add-On #269

HD-A2 #1012

BD average 628 HD-DVD average 640

cicada78

Really about the same.

Plus 3 out of the 4 are only in the first 2 or 3 weeks of release.

This is debate not argument. Thanks for the update.

gixxerman

Novice Member
BadAss this statistical game-play you keep indulging in is a real bore......as well as being rather pointless, daft and juvenile.

Please stop it.

The PS3 is not a Blu-ray player first and foremost.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I've just looked on amazon to guage how BD sales compare to HD-DVD. The results are interesting.

Samsung BD-P1000 #890

PS3 #366

360 Add-On #269

HD-A2 #1012

The A2 isn't on sale yet! And the XA1 and A1 are end of line models. Ergo I think the only 'telling' info their is that the 360 HD DVD drive is outselling everything - even the PS3 :eek:

P

Packetfront

The A2 isn't on sale yet! And the XA1 and A1 are end of line models. Ergo I think the only 'telling' info their is that the 360 HD DVD drive is outselling everything - even the PS3 :eek:
The HD-A2 is on sale since 14th December and many dealers started selling a week earlier than that so the statistics is true no doubt.

BadAss

Banned
BadAss this statistical game-play you keep indulging in is a real bore......as well as being rather pointless, daft and juvenile.

Please stop it.

The PS3 is not a Blu-ray player first and foremost.
Chill out man, as with most of my posts I'm just here for some light hearted debate. Am I not able to post amazon rankings now?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
The HD-A2 is on sale since 14th December and many dealers started selling a week earlier than that so the statistics is true no doubt.
Which - given that Amazon still show it for pre-order only - probably explains why they have such low sales figures ;)

BadAss

Banned
Which - given that Amazon still show it for pre-order only - probably explains why they have such low sales figures ;)
If we're going to play that game why not lump a few million PS3's into the mix that haven't rolled off the production lines yet?

gixxerman

Novice Member
Chill out man, as with most of my posts I'm just here for some light hearted debate.
- Just so long as you're not trolling BA......you'd never troll would you? ;) :nono:

Am I not able to post amazon rankings now?

- I've no objection to you posting whatever you like matey, it's your conclusions and the inevitable spin that I find....er....daft. :suicide:

BadAss

Banned
-it's your conclusions and the inevitable spin that I find....er....daft. :suicide:
A bit of controversy on the forums is what makes it so much fun.:D

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
If we're going to play that game why not lump a few million PS3's into the mix that haven't rolled off the production lines yet?
Well the PS3 is available now isn't it - so Amazon buyers presumably hope to get their units when they click "Buy" - especially as there doesn't really seem to be a chronic shortage of PS3s (not looking at Ebay prices anyway). As the A2 is still showing pre-order only I think it's an entirely different kettle of fish.

BadAss

Banned
No chronic shortage of PS3's! You serious? If so then why are we still waiting for the PS3 to launch in Europe?

H

HighDeff

BadAss, please take a closer look on the sub forums in the DVD Players (High Definition) Forum. It clearly shows the interrest in BluRay, nobody cares about BD. :D :D :D :D :D

Blu-ray DVD Players (1 Viewing)

HD DVD Players (40 Viewing)

Xbox 360 HD DVD drive (29 Viewing)

BadAss

Banned
BadAss, please take a closer look on the sub forums in the DVD Players (High Definition) Forum. It clearly shows the interrest in BluRay, nobody cares about BD. :D :D :D :D :D

Blu-ray DVD Players (1 Viewing)

HD DVD Players (40 Viewing)

Xbox 360 HD DVD drive (29 Viewing)
If we presume the PS3 is going to be the best selling BD player concidering its going to be the cheapest. And the fact that its not lauched her for another 4 months. Plus we dont have a forum for it yet I guess HD-DVD is going to look more popular.

Lets look at your arguement another way. If the forums were split so that we had a BD software forum, I dare say we might see a bit more traffic come Blu-Rays way with all the titles announced for 2007 compared to HD-DVD.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
No chronic shortage of PS3's! You serious? If so then why are we still waiting for the PS3 to launch in Europe?
That's not a chronic shortage is it? - that was a policy decision by Sony as they felt they could make enough. But with regards to Stateside shortages - Ebay prices seem very low if there is. And quite a few retailers are advertising it now - so I guess they are not that short of consoles.

sanderton

Novice Member

Samsung BD-P1000 #890

PS3 #366

360 Add-On #269

HD-A2 #1012

"Average"? Back to statistics 101 for you I feel. You can't average ranking places; that assumes that there is a linear relationship between sales ranking and number of units sold. There isn't (read The Long Tail.

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
"Average"? Back to statistics 101 for you I feel. You can't average ranking places; that assumes that there is a linear relationship between sales ranking and number of units sold. There isn't (read The Long Tail.

Are you suggesting Badass is making up stats to suit his own beliefs? :eek:

Noooo, I don't belive it! :rotfl:

At least they're funnier than some. ;)

BadAss

Banned
"Average"? Back to statistics 101 for you I feel. You can't average ranking places;
The DVD wars seems to use this method for software sales.

BadAss

Banned
Are you suggesting Badass is making up stats to suit his own beliefs? :eek:

Noooo, I don't belive it! :rotfl:

At least they're funnier than some. ;)
I posted links to my source, what more do you want?:confused: :D

BadAss

Banned
It seems any factual research I do gets dismissed by the HD-DVD crowd. Hmmm. :rotfl:

H

HighDeff

BadAss, in front of you there are two apples. One is red and one is blue, they taste exactly the same. But the red one is £500,- and the blue £1.000,-.

Which one would you choose.?? :smashin:

I guess you prefer lemons.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
It seems any factual research I do gets dismissed by the HD-DVD crowd. Hmmm. :rotfl:
You should know by now that
  1. You can only use Amazon sales figures when they're in HD-DVD's favour
  2. Anything negative about HD-DVD is clearly a mistake and must be quoshed immediately
  3. Anything negative about Blu-ray is clearly true even if made up and must be posted everywhere
  4. If you own HD-DVD and Blu-ray you are only allowed to view BD's with special rose tinted spectacles that make the image slightly less sharp and dull the colours.
  5. Consoles are only relevant to the HD format war when it's an Xbox 360
  6. Supply of PS3's is clearly now gauged by eBay, Xbox can only be gauged by MS predictions.
Did I miss any other rules? ;)

BadAss

Banned
BadAss, in front of you there are two apples. One is red and one is blue, they taste exactly the same. But the red one is £500,- and the blue £1.000,-.

Which one would you choose.?? :smashin:

I guess you like lemons.
So the £400 PS3 doesn't exist or the £550 Samsung?:confused:

gixxerman

Novice Member
Bald Monkey said:
Are you suggesting Badass is making up stats to suit his own beliefs?

Noooo, I don't belive it!
Sadly it's a known fact that 89.257% of all statistics are made up on the spot to support dodgy arguments.

:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

Wharfedale introduces new Diamond 12 Series speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips TVs available in more Currys PC World stores
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonus faber announces Il Cremonese ex3me special edition speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
KEF unveils LS50 Meta speaker and S2 Floor Stand