Blu Ray Novice

newbs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just bought the Philips 37PFL7603D at the weekend, my first flat panal TV. So far I am amazed by the quality after watching a few blu ray disks on a PS3.

However i would like to get a dedicated Blu Ray Player.

I was looking for some reccomendations.

I was looking at the Philips 3000 which is now only £90, but wondering if after buying a excelent TV the 3000 may not give me the full cababilitys of the TV.

Then i have looked at the Sony BDP-S560which get good reviews. Would this do the job?

Thanks

Newby

why do want to change if you have a PS3?

There are only a few reasons that would justify replacing the PS3:

1. You need to use a universal Infra-red remote (although this is get roundable)
2. The PS3 fan noise annoys you.
3. You need analogue outs to an older AV amp (to enjoy the Hi-def audio)

Picture and Audio will be identical to a standalone :smashin:

Last edited:
Ive just lent the PS3 off my Bro-inlaw so i can see what the TV is like. I was considering buying a PS3 as my BR player as i have been reading that dedicated players are better than the PS3.

As i'm not a gamer i thoght it be a better option?

such as the Sony BDP-S560

Regards
Newby

AV Junkie sums it up well. Baisc player 360 does all most need, any high models with add features and not quality.

Ive just lent the PS3 off my Bro-inlaw so i can see what the TV is like. I was considering buying a PS3 as my BR player as i have been reading that dedicated players are better than the PS3.

As i'm not a gamer i thoght it be a better option?

such as the Sony BDP-S560

Regards
Newby

If not a gamer, a standalone is a cheaper option!

I personally don't see the benefit for you of the S560 over the much cheaper S360 player... most blu ray players at this end of the market are much of a muchness, the S360 is probably the best option for the budget IMO.

Sony BDPS360 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Or cheaper still and possibly compatible with the same remote as your current TV - Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom