Blu Ray Novice

newbs

Standard Member
Hi all,

I've just bought the Philips 37PFL7603D at the weekend, my first flat panal TV. So far I am amazed by the quality after watching a few blu ray disks on a PS3.

However i would like to get a dedicated Blu Ray Player.

I was looking for some reccomendations.

I was looking at the Philips 3000 which is now only £90, but wondering if after buying a excelent TV the 3000 may not give me the full cababilitys of the TV.

Then i have looked at the Sony BDP-S560which get good reviews. Would this do the job?

Thanks

Newby

Stuart

Distinguished Member
There are only a few reasons that would justify replacing the PS3:

1. You need to use a universal Infra-red remote (although this is get roundable)
2. The PS3 fan noise annoys you.
3. You need analogue outs to an older AV amp (to enjoy the Hi-def audio)

Picture and Audio will be identical to a standalone :smashin:

Last edited:

newbs

Standard Member
Ive just lent the PS3 off my Bro-inlaw so i can see what the TV is like. I was considering buying a PS3 as my BR player as i have been reading that dedicated players are better than the PS3.

As i'm not a gamer i thoght it be a better option?

such as the Sony BDP-S560

Regards
Newby

Nic Rhodes

AV Junkie sums it up well. Baisc player 360 does all most need, any high models with add features and not quality.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Ive just lent the PS3 off my Bro-inlaw so i can see what the TV is like. I was considering buying a PS3 as my BR player as i have been reading that dedicated players are better than the PS3.

As i'm not a gamer i thoght it be a better option?

such as the Sony BDP-S560

Regards
Newby

If not a gamer, a standalone is a cheaper option!

I personally don't see the benefit for you of the S560 over the much cheaper S360 player... most blu ray players at this end of the market are much of a muchness, the S360 is probably the best option for the budget IMO.

Sony BDPS360 Profile 2.0 Blu-ray Player with BD Live: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Or cheaper still and possibly compatible with the same remote as your current TV - Philips BDP3000 Blu-ray Player: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom