Blu Ray Multiregion info

Divide by zero

Hey,

So, I - like a lot of people now have a UK Blu Ray player (That's PS3!).

I expect I am not alone in being disapointed in moving from a multiregion DVD player to a region coded machine. So I have decided to start a thread on what foreign disks work in the UK players.

There is a list I found (someone linked it on here) which seems to be correct, but as yet I have only bought one disk. http://bluray.lindsite.dk/

What I would like is people to confirm when they buy a foreign disk and it works in their UK player – so Blu Ray imports (and therefor bargins!) can start to catch up with HD-DVD.

Useful info would be:
Film, Country from, Store from, Cost, how it plays.

Would appreciate it if you could all help me get this going, as it would be a very useful resource. Any feedback welcome.

Divide by zero

Film: Phantom of the Opera
Store: Amazon.com
Cost: approx £14.50
Disk: Works fine, great PQ but like the HD transfer the sound is too quiet. Not a massive problem as you can just crank your amp! Could have probably found this at a better price, but like Amazon.com for returns as was not sure it would work in a UK player.

Andris L

Nothing new here... I'm afraid this already has been discussed in hundred different threads…

Fallowing thread is even made as sticky:
What foreign Blu-ray movies work on UK PS3? - List here

Movie list from http://bluray.lindsite.dk/ is floating around for long time and I bet that 90% of AV Forum members know about it long time.

Sorry I don't want to show any disrespect but I just wanted to point out that you definitely doing something that already has been done ;).

Also I think your post has not much to do with DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray Movie Bargains :hiya:.

Divide by zero

Good, if it's been done then great.

Can you please fix your link as it doesn't work and I would like to jump on that.

Also, I always find that Import = Bargain. Look at R3 disks, they not only come out years ahead of us bust cost peanuts.

R3 Curse of the golden flower DVD = £8 new and out now. Bargain.

nam

Good, if it's been done then great.

Can you please fix your link as it doesn't work and I would like to jump on that.

Also, I always find that Import = Bargain. Look at R3 disks, they not only come out years ahead of us bust cost peanuts.

R3 Curse of the golden flower DVD = £8 new and out now. Bargain.

Just go to the HD Movies forum and look at the first thread.

Also, if 'R3 Curse of the golden flower DVD = £8' is the bargain that you are posting about then it would be useful to supply a direct link or at least the name of the retailer from where it may be purchased.

Divide by zero

That's not what I'm posting and if you read the whole post you'll see the point. Import disks = cheaper.

Thanks

nam

That's not what I'm posting and if you read the whole post you'll see the point. Import disks = cheaper.

Thanks
I read the post. The point I was making was relevant when you had originally posted this thread in the bargains forum.

The idea of the bargains forum is to post a specific bargain not just to state that 'Import disks = cheaper'.

Looks like a MOD has moved this thread to the HD Movies forum where you probably should have posted it in the first place.

Divide by zero

Probably, but I was going to be focusing on compatiblity and cost which would tie in nicely with bargains.

If this was my site, I would have all the rooms grouped together a bit better / differently.
HD Players, HD Movies, HD Bargains, HD Trade etc.

But it's one of those things, no right way for everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom