Blu Ray & Hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SHANE-BARKER

Hello people

Been out to london today , so i popped in to HMV & VIRGIN for a quick look at the next format

It seems that blu ray is getting very Popular with people for the next format , seem`s hd dvd is slipping behind , much bigger section in the blu ray dept both in HMV & VIRGIN

It seems that blu ray is getting very Popular with people for the next format , seem`s hd dvd is slipping behind , much bigger section in the blu ray dept both in HMV & VIRGIN
I think it says more about who is buying the discs - the UK BluRay market is without a doubt being driven by the PS3. Many such buyers, and obviously I exclude many of the more savvy members here, will purchase their media be it games or BluRay from Virgin/HMV etc - and will pay well over the going price. I would suggest that HD DVD owners, many more of whom own standalones, are likely to be more aware of the fact that the discs are half the price online. I certainly wouldn't pay £25 for a disc for example.

However it will be interesting to see how the market split in stores goes once mass market, dirt cheap players arrive.

The prices in stores is a **** take.

I get all my discs online- Play, Amazon, SendIT in the UK

Movietyme for US discs.

As said above the UK in store purchases are no doubt nearly all PS3 owners

So blu ray is looking good , lets hope sony shift a few more PS3 , its looking good , some great titles coming out this year

I have to admit I'm not sure how much longer stores like HMV and Virgin can really prosper - the supermarkets are now offering DVDs/games/CDs at much better prices and frequently have a sizeable range (plus 24hr opening). And online stores dwarf the titles offered in HMV/Virgin as well as offering a significant price saving.

So blu ray is looking good , lets hope sony shift a few more PS3 , its looking good , some great titles coming out this year

Such as?

US Blu Ray has alot annouced, but the UK other than Spiderman I've not seen any firm dates.

Dual format is the way to go!

Such as?

US Blu Ray has alot annouced, but the UK other than Spiderman I've not seen any firm dates.

Dual format is the way to go!

I was talking about games titles this year , its would be nice to see dual format

What games does it have?

Most of the ones I want will be 2008.

Lair has got really bad reviews, Heavenly Sword has got average (at best) reviews.

MGS4 looks like the first must buy title

I think it says more about who is buying the discs - the UK BluRay market is without a doubt being driven by the PS3. Many such buyers, and obviously I exclude many of the more savvy members here, will purchase their media be it games or BluRay from Virgin/HMV etc - and will pay well over the going price. I would suggest that HD DVD owners, many more of whom own standalones, are likely to be more aware of the fact that the discs are half the price online. I certainly wouldn't pay £25 for a disc for example.

However it will be interesting to see how the market split in stores goes once mass market, dirt cheap players arrive.

People that have stand alone CD or DVD players have bought disks in places like HMV for years (even when DVD players were £400+) so I think your analysis is some what lacking.

I would expect the difference is purely down to the Blu-ray market being bigger.

What games does it have?

Most of the ones I want will be 2008.

Lair has got really bad reviews, Heavenly Sword has got average (at best) reviews.

MGS4 looks like the first must buy title

Plenty of good games coming out for ps3 , ps3 has only been out a few months , give it chance , same happend with ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom