Blu-ray HD rom + playback software wanted

jGrahamD

Novice Member
Does anyone know of a low cost Blu-ray/HD ROM drive with bundled playback software (e.g., PowerDVD or WinDVD). I'm not bothered about writing to Blu-ray , but I would like full surround sound playback software, not limited to 2 channels like some of the OEM versions.

dibdab

How are you connecting the sound to the amp? as the OEM version of of power dvd allows digital passtrough with no probs, which is what i got with my LG GGCH20L HD/Bluray drive.

jGrahamD

Novice Member
How are you connecting the sound to the amp? as the OEM version of of power dvd allows digital passtrough with no probs, which is what i got with my LG GGCH20L HD/Bluray drive.
Since my sound card does not support Dolby Live, I'll be connecting via the 5.1 input of my amp. Unfortunately the amp only has one optical input and I'm going to use that for Virgin V+.

tutu

You can get an optical switcher which works quite well. Depending on your amp you may get better quality sound from analogue anyway but I prefer to have the one cable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom