• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

blu ray full screen possible on philips 9632???

welsh-andy

ever blu ray im played on me philips 32pf9632 i always get black bands, not it doesnt bother me and have played with ps3 settings but no avail. so are all blue ray in that aspect ratio?

fatfingers73

ever blu ray im played on me philips 32pf9632 i always get black bands, not it doesnt bother me and have played with ps3 settings but no avail. so are all blue ray in that aspect ratio?

Most of them will be like that, you have to either stretch the picture or zoom in and cut off the sides. I don't recommend either.

welsh-andy

no philips wont let me stretch blu ray strangely, just needed a definitive answer saves me wondering all the time, black bands never bother me, is like ppl signing on tv after a while u dont even notice them:D

Widge

no philips wont let me stretch blu ray strangely, just needed a definitive answer saves me wondering all the time, black bands never bother me, is like ppl signing on tv after a while u dont even notice them:D

It has the screen format "Auto Stretch" does it not? I tend not to use that, I've noticed on channels like TMF etc it can get a bit baffled and goes a bit resize crazy (although I've not noticed this recently.... maybe I've set it to widescreen only... dunno).

Stick with Unscaled for the 9632.

I meant to ask about HD movies, I was wondering if they get mastered in 16:9 because Big Fish, Apocalypto appeared to be in 16:9, whereas my DVD's tend to be in that anamorphic ratio... with bars basically.

I think Dracula BluRay may have been in letterbox. Not 100% though.

EDIT:

Nice TV though innit! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom