Question Blu ray disc playback issues

2000AD

Novice Member
I have been having blu ray disc playback issues on my Samsung UE55KU6100 TV. I’ve experienced it now with 2 different blu ray players - one Sony and now a new Panasonic. I’ve also purchased a new Audioquest Pearl HDMI cable that is high quality and 100% shielded.

The issue, which is truly perplexing, is tiny little intermittent pauses that occur very quickly and at random points during playback. It will occur anything between 5 and 15 times during a film - it occurred possibly 10 times during The Revenant recently. Really seemed to struggle. Very occasionally it might have a little succession of these freezes. If I rewind when it occurs it doesn’t re-occur so it is not disc related. DVD playback is also seemingly unaffected.

I have replaced an old budget Sony blu ray player thinking it was that, but my new Panasonic DP-UB391EBK player is suffering the same problem.

I have switched all the picture correction settings on the TV off and changed the audio from bitstream to PCM. None of this seems to help.

Streaming HD / UHD or even HDR via Netflix is a joy and presents no playback issues.

I am left with the concern that it is the hdmi ports on the TV, which is no longer covered by warranty. Also, I have no idea why Samsung cram in the aerial cable input with the 2 hdmi ports at the far right hand side so all the cables are in close proximity with one another.

I am basically fed up to the back teeth with the problem and would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

I had something similar with mine, but the pauses were happening mainly when playing audio CDs via the TV (ARC) and amplifier. It happened only once with a bluray. I managed to rectify the issue by altering something within the bluray player (Panasonic UB300EBK) settings. I've just had a quick look at my settings but can't see which one it was and don't want to tamper with them, just in case the issue comes back. I would suggest a bit of trial and error with the bluray player settings.

2000AD

Novice Member
I have done that and the ‘field’ setting within the Panasonic might have actually solved this, for now anyway. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom