• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

blu-ray bogof's ?

ridgerama

Novice Member
i know a few retailers in the us have a buy one get one free sale at the moment , does anyone know if any us retailer ships to uk that does such offer

cheers in advance for any help

Dr Dog

Established Member
i know a few retailers in the us have a buy one get one free sale at the moment , does anyone know if any us retailer ships to uk that does such offer

cheers in advance for any help

Amazon.com. You may have heard of them :)

You need to be careful with customs charges though. Amazon put the full amount of the order on the label but I've read that you can claim the charges back by sending proof of what you really paid. But really, who needs the hassle?

Gareth W

Established Member
Amazon.com. You may have heard of them :)

You need to be careful with customs charges though. Amazon put the full amount of the order on the label but I've read that you can claim the charges back by sending proof of what you really paid. But really, who needs the hassle?

just ordered via Amazon and got 8 Blu Ray/HD-DVD's for £85 delivered :clap:

My understanding is that import duty is only payable when the amount is c.£115+ (rough recollection, there is an old set amount that duty kicks in at)

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
just ordered via Amazon and got 8 Blu Ray/HD-DVD's for £85 delivered :clap:

My understanding is that import duty is only payable when the amount is c.£115+ (rough recollection, there is an old set amount that duty kicks in at)

Ooh, be prepared for a rather hefty bill. :eek:

Not sure where you get the £115 figure from but it is actually £18. Check our sticky in this very forum.

Gareth W

Established Member
Ooh, be prepared for a rather hefty bill. :eek:

Not sure where you get the £115 figure from but it is actually £18. Check our sticky in this very forum.

It used to be the case that goods imported (sent from, or brought in from the US) were subject to duty over a higher limit of £115-£130.

But to be fair I've not ordered DVD's on line for a bit so I might be out of touch here!! :rolleyes:

But it does still depend if the package/s get intercepted by customs in the first place. Which isn't all the time.....but knowing my luck they will get it and slap a big import duty bill on it!!

Hey it's only money and i'm sure it will still work out cheaper than UK shops/UK online prices for what I ordered.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom