Blu Ray Avatar-MKV, no Subs?

skull_bone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, so i ripped my BD of Avatar to MKV so i could enjoy the film without having to get up and insert the disc, but despite ticking the box for subtitles in the MakeMKV set up, they still haven't appeared in the MKV version. This is true on a couple of films i've MKV'd. I would rather have MKVs than ISOs, just for the space.
Any ideas?

I'm on Windows 7 Home 64bit with AnyDVDHD, TMT3 and MakeMKV.

Possibly needs to be posted in the MakeMKV support forum?

Yeah, so i ripped my BD of Avatar to MKV so i could enjoy the film without having to get up and insert the disc, but despite ticking the box for subtitles in the MakeMKV set up, they still haven't appeared in the MKV version. This is true on a couple of films i've MKV'd. I would rather have MKVs than ISOs, just for the space.
Any ideas?

I dont think you will get native sup files to play from an mkv container you will need to convert to sub or have them as a seperate file and use ffdshow. What are you using for play back? Txmuxer will allow you to extract the subs from a blu ray..

Any ideas?

this link may help, provided you are using FFDshow!

Alternatively I use BD Clown to rip my Blurays, as it is excellent at identitifying only the forced subs. Here again is a great tutorial

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've been using TMT3 (as quoted in 1st post :p) as it now supports MKV playback since the latest patch. I was using Media Player classic Home Cinema, but using TMT3 is easier as it's installed and part of Media Centre anyway. I'll have a look at your links though. Cheers

Any ideas?

do you have haali media splitter installed .?should be in right hand corner of
screen whan playing mkv .if you have right click on it and turn on subs.

One feature missing from TMT for file playback is no subtitle support. There are lots of request in their forum but still not available. For me I will use MPCHC for playback, with subtitle extract from bluray as SUP then convert to IDX/SUB.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom