Blu-ray audio Advice needed!

Rampage

Novice Member
I currently have a Denon 1906 amp and a 1920 DVD Player.
I am looking to upgrade to a Blu-Ray player.
I'm a bit confused about how to get the best sound quality from a Blu-Ray player into my amp which only has digital optical, digital coaxial and the separate line-in connectors for each channel.
Do I need an amp with HDMI input for the best sound from a new player or can I use the 5x line-in for the same quality sound? Does the digital coaxial and optical inputs on my amp not support DTS-HD?

I was looking at the Sony 370, but I don't think it has the separate line outputs?

Sebastalona

I currently have a Denon 1906 amp and a 1920 DVD Player.
I am looking to upgrade to a Blu-Ray player.
I'm a bit confused about how to get the best sound quality from a Blu-Ray player into my amp which only has digital optical, digital coaxial and the separate line-in connectors for each channel.
Do I need an amp with HDMI input for the best sound from a new player or can I use the 5x line-in for the same quality sound? Does the digital coaxial and optical inputs on my amp not support DTS-HD?

I was looking at the Sony 370, but I don't think it has the separate line outputs?
The coaxial and optical outputs from a blu ray player cannot output HD audio formats. If you are happy with your amp, then you should consider a blu ray player with multi channel analogue outputs. This would allow you to experience these audio formats.

The other option is to buy an amp with HDMI inputs, which may be something to consider if you want to add any more hardware to your setup (e.g a PS3, Xbox etc).

Here is an article about, with some options although I am sure there are other (newer) models on the market.

Analog assault: Blu-ray players with 7.1 audio outputs - CNET Reviews

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom