Blu-ray and UHD discs which look fantastic on an OLED TV Part 2

All of them should pass Atmos. Take a punt on the UP970 if you want DV or wait a bit to see what the 2018 models bring.

Great film, but so hard to watch in parts...
Another one of that Director's films is Brawl in Cell Block 99. Pretty brutal in places too but enjoyable. Not much of a looker but I recommend it all the same.

Another one of that Director's films is Brawl in Cell Block 99. Pretty brutal in places too but enjoyable. Not much of a looker but I recommend it all the same.

Yes, I’ve not been able to pluck up the courage to watch it since BT. It’s fair to say that left me traumatised! Lol

IMG_1337.jpg

Just watched the first one, absolute classic given a sheen & ultra oled black.

One that probably has been mentioned a million times but Planet Earth 2 is still breathtaking in 4K

Attachments

• 20180310_231927.jpg
    20180310_231927.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 374
View attachment 989697

Just watched the first one, absolute classic given a sheen & ultra oled black.
I posted some pics in thread 1 but my phone did not do justice to Aliens.
If you think Alien looked good then give Aliens a spin and prepare for the beauty that is Detail !

I posted some pics in thread 1 but my phone did not do justice to Aliens.
If you think Alien looked good then give Aliens a spin and prepare for the beauty that is Detail !

I got the full set of all 4 so they’ll be going on at the weekend[emoji1362].

Well last night me and other half watched Murder on the Orient Express in 4K ..... the picture from this disc was staggering in detail might just top Planet Earth 2 for sheer brilliance.

Just watched "Pulp Fiction" Blu Ray, looked so much better than I remembered and great sound track too. [emoji3]

That's from a disc, I'm not sure they ever made Planet Earth 2 available on iPlayer in 4K!

Yes it ran for a month on iPlayer in 4K with HLG. I watched it through the app built in to the E6. Very impressive. They pulled it the week it came out on UHD Blu-ray.

Yes it ran for a month on iPlayer in 4K with HLG. I watched it through the app built in to the E6. Very impressive. They pulled it the week it came out on UHD Blu-ray.
it was blue planet 2,that ran on iplayer for a month.

I'm sure it's been mentioned many times before, but "Blade Runner 2049" looks very impressive in HDR. (It's not actually a very good film in any other respect, but it certainly looks pretty!).

I agree with the first part of your post, the second, sorry but I have to disagree :D

Watched 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow last night. Having watched ID4 lately has given me a hankering for disaster movies.

The Day After Tomorrow hasn't aged very well image wise but 2012 looked superb in places.

^^^
I think i’d rather watch a good movie that had so so image quality, than a trash movie that looked great:D

^^^
I think i’d rather watch a good movie that had so so image quality, than a trash movie that looked great:D
I've been watching a lot of disjointed Italian horror/Giallo films over the last year so my tolerance has gone up. I've learned to switch off and just enjoy the entertainment as I'm sure the Directors original intended.

Admittedly, The Day After Tomorrow tested that newfound tolerance.

The Belstone Fox BD:

OQdEuf.jpg

ozEvVH.jpg

FCw06h.jpg

fQplnF.jpg

pBvWgn.jpg

L7ObpJ.jpg

QKhaH2.jpg

TIH7l9.jpg

AjJXwt.jpg

Oa7wWU.jpg

h4aewj.jpg

A couple of discs I’ve watched recently which really benefited from being viewed on a OLED.

Sword of Doom - B&W jidaigeki recently released on Blu. The contrast offered by the OLED panel makes these old films look great.

Under the Skin - creepy film with loads of night time scenes around Glasgow. Again it’s all about the contrast. Looks miles better than it did on my old VA panel LCD TV.

Really enjoying Thor Ragnarok in 4K.

IMG_5248.JPG
IMG_5249.JPG

When IT was first released I remember people saying how good it looked. But I thought that it was just okay, nothing special.
I watched again last night on my newly calibrated C7 and it looked stunning.
I am going to have to go through my (limited) library again now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom