Blu-ray and Apple Macbooks in February?

P

Packetfront

Steve Jobs is getting Blu-ray in the latest line up of the Macbook Pro's coming in February.

Is this confirmed or still pending information?

Still a rumour that latest line of Macs (desktops or laptops) will use Blu-ray drives. Nothing official until January.

StooMonster

Given that the MBPs etc were only recently upgraded to Core Duo 2's I really dont think there will be an across the board upgrade. It would make an extremely expensive laptop, cripplingly expensive given Apple's pricing policy!

Whoah ... Both Apple and Dell going blu-ray ?

That must give BR a kick to get it moving along.

Hope so. MacBook Pros have been C2D for a few months now haven't they? Wouldn't surprise me much to be honest if this were true - even if they only put it on the 17 inch MacBook Pro.

It would make an extremely expensive laptop, cripplingly expensive given Apple's pricing policy!
Expensive compared with a cheap crappy laptop, but compared with similar spec'ed Dell or anyone else actually not more expensive ... but cheaper.

ZDNet's Ed Burnette priced out a Dell XPS M1710 versus the Apple 17-inch MacBook Pro. After matching the following components, the Apple MacBook came out on top, shipping for $2,699 before taxes versus the Dell's $3,222 price tag:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7600 (2.33GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB) processor, 17-inch wide screen display, 256MB dedicated 3D graphics card, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ (2 DIMM), 100GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive, CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW), Integrated Audio, Standard battery, Internal Bluetooth (2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate), Internal 802.11g wireless, DVD and movie editing software, 1Yr Ltd Warranty, and Customer support (at least 30 days).​

The Dell offered a higher screen resolution but the Apple has the built-in iSight (webcam) and back-lit keyboard.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=211

It's the same story with the desktops, Apple are cheaper than even Dell -- and can run both Mac OS X and Windows. :)

StooMonster

well thats surprising if true. Usually those sorts of cost comparisons are put together by Mac zealots who have a need to prove how "not really overpriced" their precious kit is.

I think the Macbooks are very overpriced - criminal to not have dvd-burners as standard these days, and very underspecced on the graphics and memory front.

I'd love one, but at the price - no thanks!

Will wait another 18 months before upgrading my iMac G5 though - the 24 inch model looks lovely but cripplingly expensive once its been given the specs it ought to have for its current entry price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom