1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blown up speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rich_bro, Oct 24, 2005.

1. rich_bro

rich_bro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today me and a friend were trying out the PA system at school we hooked my mp3 up through a mixing board - through the amp and then to the speakers we then turned it up A LOT the lights never reached the Peak on the mixing board though we quickly turned it down then tried again and the speakers didn't work. we then hooked up another mixing board and we only got sound through the headphones. we then went back to the original mixing board and the speakers worked but only through one of the channels. Have we blown the speakers up or done something else wrong?

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Walk away and let them cool down. They may be dead though, especially if you turned the PA on or off with the volume up high. :(

3. rich_bro

rich_bro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hhhmmm cuz they did work the second time which made me think that it should be fine :confused: but i'm :censored: myself. We didn't turn it on or off with high volume we quickly turned down the volume.