1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blown up Pixel Plus

Discussion in 'TVs' started by davidgirecourt, Nov 13, 2003.

1. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow

My 32PW9527 has just blown up its tube 5 days before the end of its 1 year warranty. Ironically I have been thrilled by the quality of the picture despite the general bad publicity and now the impossible has happened.

Should it be exchanged or repaired?

Cheers

David

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The same thing happened to my 9527 after 11 months. Interestingly they (comet) offered me a refund or exchange as they decided to "write off" the set.

This may have had something to do with all the extra fuss I made about the black bars issue, as AFAIK, a blown tube is not fatal. ;)

My initial instinct would be to go for a refund if you can get it, as then you're starting afresh, with a brand new set, a new warranty, and the extra comfort of the new Sale of Goods act.

However, if you have been completely happy with your set then it might be best to go for a repair, as the current crop of alternatives all seem to have problems of one sort or another. Watch out they don't replace your nice flat Philips Cybertube with a bogus old Panasonic one though... :eek: