1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blown tweeter..?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr cat, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Mr cat

Mr cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,
    I've got a home cinema setup consisting on the following componenets - Pioneer DV656a dvd player, yamaha 620 AV amp, Eltax symphony 6.2 floor standers, Eltax liberty centre, and atomic a6 sub…my problem is that I've only just noticed that my tweeters (on main speakers) have started to hiss and crackle when there's no output (I assume it happens whilst a DVD or CD is being played but I'm unable to hear it…). No matter what I have the amp on (whether it's selected as dvd, cd etc), the noise is there, it does vary with the volume level too…is it my tweeters or my amp..?
    I've altered the volume and oputput source (dvd, cd etc) and sometimes there is only a noise from the right speaker…but then it re-appears!
    I haven't really got a spare speaker I could use to see if the problem lies in the amp or speakers…

Any ideas..?

cheers

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    If both are actually hissing/crackling,it's unlikely to be the speakers,and much more likely to be from the amp...could be a dry joint somewhere,or a noisy potentiometer.