Blown Treadmill?

Kuzi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Today I was planing to use a 110v Sole treadmill but I plugged it into a 240v outlet and I heard a humming noise for 2 seconds then a pop. Soon after I began to smell something like burnt plastic. Is it the fuse that blew or is it much worse, any advice?

Based on the burning smell, probably some components other than the fuse have been damaged.
A visual inspection of the internals should reveal more.
Does the AC mains feed a separate (usually black-cased) "wallwart" power supply which in turn supplied DC to the treadmill ?
If that is the case, it's possible that the power supply is damaged and burnt but the treadmill itself is OK. That would mean you might only need a suitably rated 240 volt power supply replacement.

As above it depends where the pop and smell are coming from. As far as I can see from the US Sole site (instruction manuals) the power is a plug and not a wallwart - the mains goes to a power supply unit in the treadmill itself? If so the pop and smell presumably came from the treadmill. Not such a good outcome as if the power supply is part of the plug unfortunately
:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom