Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Blown my REL Storm III

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by robh2002, Dec 18, 2002.

1. robh2002

robh2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I've just gone and blown my REL Storm III. Mind you, I say blown -I was listening to Faure's Requiem!

The symptoms are:

Makes a 50Hz buzzing noise - regardless of which input is used, or what setting or volume is set.

Any low frequencies and it sort of 'farts' - it's trying to do something, but it seems as if the amp is clipping on any input. The higher the input level, the louder the 'farting'.

The problem doesn't seem to be there when the amp is cold i.e. when first turned on.

Oh, and the driver seems physically fine.

Has anyone had any problems with their Storm? Please help! I don't really want to line Mr Lord's pockets any more by having to send the amp part back for a repair!

Cheers Rob.

PS For those of you wondering about the reliability of the Servo 15. I have one of those too and it's fine - and it gets a much harder life than the REL!