Blown Away

O

oscarmadfish

i have just watched an episode of LOST in HD on my pc
i was totaly blown away by the quality
1024-768 is my max resolution on my pc which is i dare say is about half whats needed to run it as its ment to be seen and yet it was fooking outstanding
if this is the future BRING IT ON whatever the cost
OMF

Wait till u see it on a 42" screen I have a panny PW6 852x480 res but it looks far better then my 1280x720 projector and lcd monitor. half life 2 looks 10x better also I guess res isnt everything on displays.

what resolution was it, as ones I've 'noticed' have been 960x540. Is that designed to be shown at 1080i? Or is there a higher res available?

oscarmadfish said:
i have just watched an episode of LOST in HD on my pc
i was totaly blown away by the quality
1024-768 is my max resolution on my pc which is i dare say is about half whats needed to run it as its ment to be seen and yet it was fooking outstanding
if this is the future BRING IT ON whatever the cost
OMF

:eek: "BLOOMING HELL!" madfish where did you get this episode of lost from i need it now ,i can't contain my excitement :D

You can get HD copies of "Lost" and other programs from certain types of sites that we are not allowed to discuss :D (edited out)

Currently I watch these episodes in .TS format. (transfer stream) which is a direct copy of the broadcast without any compression. File sizes are pretty huge though.
one 45min episode of Lost will use about 4gb of HDD space!

The results on my 1600X1200 display (trhough VGA) are amazing.
Even then if the .ts file is 1920X1080 its not an exact match for the picture so it could be even better!!

Need to get me a better display me thinks!

Remember that you need a decent PC with a good CPU, GPU and a display capable of displaying these resolutions.

I'd be happy with a nice 720p version that'd play without skipping on XBMC.

BTW, how many PMs can you have in your inbox at a time? ;P

I watched an episode of LOST the other day via a Sagem Freeview box, RGB Scart, Panny PTAE700 (1280x720) onto a 10ft screen and the quality was so much better than TV is normally. I presume that it is filmed in HD as the quality improvement is noticable even via SD freeview.

Ray

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom