Blowing Fuse

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi

I've just rec'd a Parasound 2205 amp power amp and the plug fuse keeps blowing when I turn the amp from standby(off) to on

The connections at the back seem to be OK

I've ransacked the house finding and using up all the 5amp fuses
Does anybody have any ideas

Many thanks

Ron

Jase

Distinguished Member
Isn´t a 5 amp fuse a bit low, would have thought it would have had a 13 amp fuse.:confused: Doublecheck with others before you change it though!!

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi Jase

Yep I thought a 5amp fuse was a bit low - Buts thats what was in the plug in the first place.
I've tried unplugging all interconnects and speaker cables - Now it does not blow the fuse.
Does this mean that I have a problem with either the interconnects or speaker cables - Or does the amp draw less power when disconnected from sources

Many thanks

RON

Jase

Distinguished Member
Could be a short on the speaker cables if its working without anything plugged in. Try putting the interconnects back in first, see what happens. If its ok, then it must be the speaker cables, maybe a bit of wire touching the casing or something.

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi

Tried it just with the interconnects in and the fuse still blew so I'm at a loss at the moment. What I am thinking is that I may have been given the wrong power lead as the user manual and a review of the Parasound 2205A referes to a handmade custom power lead but the lead I rec'd was the same as that for my FMJ DV27 and Tag AV32R. The strange things is that for approx 30 mins last night it worked.

I really want to be cautious with this as I don't want to affect the Tag which unlike to Parasound does not have a warrenty any more

Any other ideas?

Many thanks

RON

lynx

Originally posted by Hawklan

I really want to be cautious with this as I don't want to affect the Tag which unlike to Parasound does not have a warrenty any more

If it's a potential warranty claim why are you mucking about ? Send it off as there is a malfunction somewhere.It ain't going to repair it's self.

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Yeh I know your right

I just wanted to hear my system now that it's complete
I'll be giving Sevenoaks a call tomorrow

Thanks for the sensible advice

RON

lynx

Hopefully within a few days it'll be back good as new :) .
How old is it as a point of intrest ?

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi

It's probably a year old - It got it ex-demo from Sevenoaks in Edinburgh for £1,225. It comes with a 2 year warrenty which I can extend to 5 years for an addition £70.

RON

lynx

Originally posted by Hawklan

I just wanted to hear my system now that it's complete
Does that mean you have very recently purchased it then.

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi

Yep I've been finalising it over the last few months

Still need to sort out a front projection option but funds at the moment will not allow - But my 36 Hitachi is not too bad as a stop gap. Even my missus wants a front projection system so I've got the all clear there just need the money

RON

Hawklan

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just in case any prospective purchasors need to know.

This problem was resolved after Sevenoaks confirmed that it needed a 13 amp fuse. One fuse swap later and I recv'd 4 years of flawless service

Many thanks

RON

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom